At St Peter’s CE Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, their families and our staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we aim to:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to be persistent even when faced with challenges
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- help children to develop a Growth Mindset
Please click here for our Mental Health Action Plan - March 2020
Please click here for our Mental Health and Wellbeing Action Plan - November 2020
The whole school have been working towards Wellbeing badges recognising a range of mental health and wellbeing activites offered during the term.
Week beginning 1 February 2021, we took part in the national Mental Health Week for Children. The children at home and in school completed a range of activities linked to this year's theme 'Express Yourself'.
You may find the following useful:
Mindfulness Breathing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=CvF9AEe-ozc&feature=emb_logo
Lucy's in Lockdown (free book) - https://www.lucysblueday.com/product/lucys-in-lockdown/